Chapter 2, Part One
1. Texas vs. Gregory Lee Johnson
2. US v. Eichman
4. How was life in the 18th century for the colonists?
5. What part of colonial life did the king and parliament affect.
6. Explain figure 2.1
7. How did the Fr. And Indian war affect BR’s relationship with colonists
8. Primary author of declaration of independence
9. What is a polemic, and how is the D.O.I. a polemic?
10. What was the reason for listing grievances?
11. John Locke?
12. Natural rights
13. Consent of the governed
14. Limited government
15. What 2 limits on government are very important to Locke
16. How is the American Revolution a conservative rebellion?
17. Articles of confederation
18. Describe the problems of the AOC
19. Explain table 2.2
20. What was happening in the states?
21. How did power shift in the states?
22. What was happening to America and Americans?
23. What played a key role in shaping public policy?
24. What did depression do to the famers?
25. Shays rebellion?
26. Annapolis meeting
It's 38 to 44 in the 12th edition.
1. Us constitution
2. Describe the delgates
3. Things they agreed upon
4. What is human nature
5. Causes of political conflict
6. Def factions
7. Goals of gov.
8. Nature of gov
9. 3 issues drawing attention
10. Equality and representation of the states?
11. New jersey plan
12. Virginia plan
13. Connecticut compromise
14. How does conn comp favor small states
15. How was slavery dealt with
16. How was political equality dealt with
17. What economic issues were to be dealt with
18. What did beard claim about the framers
19. What does the best evidence suggest?
20. What were the powers of congress
21. What prohibitions would congress make on states?
22. What about debt?
23. how was individualism views?
24. what protections are clearly spelled out in the constitution? (several)
25. define writ of habeas corpus
26. tyranny of the majority
27. how was the tyranny of the majority prevented?
28. def separation of powers.
29. explain figure 2.2
30. checks and balances
31. how do we have a federal system
32. how do we have a republic
1. Copy Figure 2.3
2. What does the Madisonian system encourage?
3. 2 forces about constitution
5. Anti federalists
6. Federalist papers
7. Copy chart 2.5
8. Bill of rights
9. You are responsible for table 2.6
10. Why was ratification by special convention?
11. How can the constitution b e changed.
12. Copy figure 2.4
13. What has been the process of amendment in almost all cases
14. What is the result of amendments?
15. What is the ERA?
16. How did it fail?
17. How may the Constitution be amended informally?
18. Explain Judicial Review:
19. Marbury vs. Madison
20. Explain Political practice
21. How has the role of the Electoral college changed?
22. How has technology changed the constitution?
23. How has the president’s role changed?
24. Is the Constitution democratic?
25. How has the constitution become more democratic?