Next 6-7 pages of Lineberry, Chapter 4.
Make sure that you have all of these questions answered: We'll finish our discussion tomorrow.
1) Explain the role of interest groups in shaping environmental policy in the United States
2) Describe some of the key laws passed by Congress in the past three decades to protect the environment. How effective have these laws been> what is the significance of the environmental impact statement? Explain.
3) Does democracy really have anything to do with the international relations and the foreign policy of the U.S.? In what ways has foreign and defense policymaking affected the scope of the American government?
4) Describe the U.S. foreign policy in Iraq and Afghanistan. How are these policies similar ad different to previous U.S. Foreign policies?
5) Describe the containment doctrine pursued by the U.S. during the Cold War, where it led the U.S., its cost, and its effect on the American society. In retrospect, what were the strengths and weaknesses of the policy? Explain.
6) Describe the rules of detente in the 1970s, and why President Ronald Regan initiated a different policy when he took office. How do Conservatives and liberals differ the legacy of Reagan's policies toward the Soviet Union? What do you think? Explain.